
Ni sa bula vinaka,
Man, it has been another really quick week! I cannot believe that it is already Monday and I am emailing you again. It feels like just the other day, I was sitting here doing this same thing. I guess time fly's when you are having fun. But, this week was a really good week for us. We did have lots of great things happen to us! This week I am glad to say that we had a baptism for one of the best people in all of Fiji. We have been working with him sinse the start of February. It was so cool to see him before and after his baptism. Just like the first baptism that I performed, I could see a big light/joy go into his eyes. That was the same as Jiobe. At first, they thought that I said the name wrong but it was right. So he was a bit shocked what was going on. But once we got out, he just had the biggest smile on his face. Throughout that whole day he was the same way. Man I am so excited for him and the decision that he made!
That was the biggest event that happened to us. But we did have a couple other things that we were really busy with. On Friday night, our ward had an open house where members and non members could come and learn about the church. All six of us elders were in charge of planning this. We had three stations that talked about the basics of the church. We had one on the Restoration, one on the Book of Mormon, and the other on the church and what it is. We did not have quite the amount of people that we wanted to it because the weather had a big impact. But we did have a couple members bring their friends and we were able to speak with them and schedule a date to go and see them this week. They seemed really interested in the church. We asked them if they have ever heard of the church before and they said yes but not that much. I think that they are going to be pretty good investigators.
We were also able to meet this one guy named Lorima this week. We were walking to church a couple of weeks ago and he stopped us and asked us who we were and what we were doing. He thought that we were schooling here at some school. When we told him that we were missionaries, he wanted us to come and meet him and share with him what we had to share. So, when we saw him this week, he was more than happy to see us. The only thing is that I think that he wanted us to come over so that he can teach us of what he knows. He had all these scriptures written down and he shared them with us as if he were teaching us. It was kind of funny because everything that he was preaching was pretty much the same thing that we would be preaching to him. The only thing is that he has a different view on them. He told us of his life changing story. He lived in New Zealand for a while. One night he was driving under the influence and crached into a pole going 80 miles per hour. His fiance was killed on the spot and he lived. He had major injuries to his head and whole body. He said that when the paramedics came, they said that he would not live and if he did live that he would be paralyzed and have a major brain disorder. But he told us that one night when he woke up from his coma, he said he was thinking to himself and what was going on in his life. He said that at that point is when he turned to God. He began to have faith. He said that because of this, this is why he is running around and talking. He still is having to learn a lot of things over again because he cannot remember. But the thing is knows very well is the love of God.
This really had a big impact on me. This man had so much faith to be healed that he was. He said that he found the truth about God and he is very firm in his belief. I know that if he really listens to our message that he will know the whole truth. Everything that he is preaching know will be even more magnified.
I think that this week, we are going to try to work on the mother of Jiobe. She came to the baptism of Jiobe and it looked like she really loved it. I walked past her and I think that she was crying because he son just got baptized or she was feeling the spirit pretty strong. I can tell that she might change. She has been seeing us come over quite a bit and also all the members that live by her are inviting her to church and also to all the activities. So we are going to put her as one of our focuses this week. I know that she will be a great investigator and will progress really well. But we will she what her thoughts are this week.
For the work wise, we are getting a lot of people to teach. We had about 3 investigators to church this week and we have lots of others that we want to come to church but were not able to make it this week. We have gotten lots of referrals from our investigators and members.
Well, that is pretty much what happened to us this week. We did have a very rewarding week and we did find much success. Both of us are getting along very well and we are still getting used to each other and how each other teach. We have quite different teaching styles and we are still learning how to teach with each other.
I want all of you to know that I know that this church is true and that everything that us missionaries are doing is the work of the Lord. I also testify that the only person that leads this work is the Lord himself and not us. We would be lost if he was not here helping us. I know that he is blessing us here in Waila and is preparing many people at this time. I know that this church is true.
I love you all very much and I miss you all tons. Send my love to all the family.
Love,







No comments:
Post a Comment