Ni sa bula vinaka. How is everyone doing this week? I hope that you all have had a good week and are getting ready for the spring weather. I know that I would love to be in your shoes and I know that you all would love to be in my shoes here in the beautiful island of Fiji where it is always hot and never cold. I know that you all are probably ready for the weather to start heating up and getting warmer so you all can do more things and get out of the nest.
As for me here, every thing is going great. It was pretty much just a usual week for us. We were able to have a very rewarding week also. We taught 15 lessons this week and about half of those were with a member present. I am grateful for this ward and the effort that they are putting in to helping us missionaries. We did also get 3 investigators come to church. So we did have a very good week.
This week was a very hot week. I cannot believe how hot it was. Every time we walk outside or even when we are just sitting in our house studying, it feels like you are in a heater. It seems like no matter what, it is hot and does not even change. Even when you are walking at night time and there is no sun, you still sweat and get soaking wet.
They did have a couple warnings for a couple cyclones that might happen. There was a big one that happened at the start of the week that we thought was going to hit us. But it changed and only hit a little bit of the western side of Fiji. So we are blessed that nothing has happened to this side besides the flooding that happened a couple weeks ago.
We did get to find a couple new investigators this week. One man that we were able to see was a man named Leone. He is a great and awesome man. He has done a lot of research about all the different religions and the last one that he needs to do is the LDS church. He was invited by one of his friends to come to a open house last week and he wanted to learn what we were about. We set up a date to go see him and teach him more about what we had to share with him. At this point he seems like he is pretty interested but he was not able to come to church this week. I am hoping that he is really going to try the things that we are going to invite him to do. I have to admit, how do you know what something tastes like before you try it. That is the same with our message. You cannot say no until you have read and prayed about the church. We were able to see him twice this week and we were able to teach him the whole first lesson. I know that if he prays about it, he will know.
We were also able to meet one of the members mothers that is not a member. She wanted to take the lessons in the past but then did not. Last week when we visited them, she said that her mother is ready and prepared to take the lessons. So we went over this week and saw her. She is a great woman and she said that she wants to learn about what her daughter is learning. We introduced everything that we were going to teach her. She seemed really interested in what we had to share. She did not get the chance to come to church this week but we will see.
We also met with one kid this week named Jarell. He was taught in the past and now he is ready. He went to church this Sunday with a friend and really liked it. He said that he really wants to learn more about the church and to become a missionary. We finished the first lesson and after that he said that he wants us to teach him about missionaries in the next lesson. How to become one and what to do. We told him the first step is to know that the church is true and to pray about it. We invited him to read and pray and he accepted. I know that he will receive his answer. He is 17 and he has some time to prepare himself.
I am out of time but I want to let you know that I do love you all very much and miss you all. I know that the church is true. This is the Lords work.
Thanks for everything and stay fresh :)
Love,
Elder Grotepas
Sorry no pictures today. Forgot my card reader again.
No comments:
Post a Comment