1/29/13
We received our first letters from Elder Grotepas. He says "Bula" to everyone which means "hello!" He must have had writer's cramp, because he individually wrote to each member of the family. His P-Day's are on Tuesdays. He is really enjoying himself although he says it's hard to sit for long periods. He is so accustomed to manual labor six days of the week!
There are 15 Elders and one Sister missionary in his district. They will all travel to Fiji on March 2, 2013. They are all picking up on the language and are already teaching discussions in Fijian. They aren't allowed to look at their notes, but must only rely on their knowledge and the spirit. He has not memorized the prayer or his testimony, must says he will have it by the end of the week. He says it is very difficult, but it gets easier every day.
He challenges his brothers, who are preparing to serve missions also to get to know "Preach My Gospel." He says, "If you get to know this (book), it will be a lot easier. If you take notes and write in it, you will be far more ahead of the bunch. Also, read the Book of Mormon and know it. It is true and will help you...start now! I know the church is true.
I have missed you even though I said that I would not as much. But I think of my family every day!"
He wants the letters to keep coming and he really looks forward to them. He will be able to call us when he leaves at the airport. We will look forward to that time!
No comments:
Post a Comment