The Waila Boys

The Waila Boys

Clock

Suva

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Area 1, Week 16 - Nasinu, Fiji 6/23/13 New Companion Elder Nawaqasema

Us With the Sisters after the Worldwide Broadcast (yes with our Fiji water)



Ni sa bula vinaka matavuvale.  Sa vacava tiko na macawa ogo? Oi au sa vinaka sara ga. Sa set na macawa sa oti. HAHA.

How are you doing this week? I am doing really good. This week has been a good week. 

Well first of all we were able to have a baptism on Saturday. We had the baptism for Alisi. It went really good. I am sad that I did not get to take a picture with her at her baptism. We were so busy before it started that by time we got in it was time to start.  I was really bummed.  One of her friends named LeRoy got to baptize her.  He is from the Nasinu 2nd Ward.  Then on Sunday she was confirmed a member of the church.  Then that night we went over to her house and met with her. She said that she felt a sense of peace once she got out of the water and was confirmed.  She told us that she wants to do the same thing that we are doing, to serve a mission!  She is really great and I am going to be sad when I leave this area.

Well I was wondering if you have been reading Elder Ishibashi's blog?  Man, I am so jealous of him. That area that he is serving in seems like a beautiful place and would be a great place to go. That place looks amazing.  I think that I am going to be here for another 4 months at least. I think that I am going to train one of the new intake that are coming in July.   Over the past couple of days, I have been stressed out about the language. It is so hard. You would think that I would get it but it is really hard.  Most of the time we speak English because everyone wants to speak English.  But I know that if I am going to train,  it will push my Fijian and make it better.  So that is a positive to that.

We were in a lesson this week on Wednesday with a Seventh Day Adventist.  Man that was a hard lesson, the spirit was not there. We would say one line and the guy, a preacher for their church, would go on for 5 minutes quoting scripture after scripture.  We were there to teach his son that we got a referal from.  His dad took over the lesson and his son did not get to say a lot. I have to admit he knew the bible really well, but he drove the spirit out of the room.

Oh another thing that happened today was the Leadership Training broadcast about missionary work. It was really good. It is what everyone should hear. The work of the Lord is beginning to sky rocket. If we do these things that they told us today, man it is going to be great.  Read D&C 18. This is talking about how great will be our joy if we bring one soul unto God. Then goes on talking about if we bring many unto him. Every member should have to watch this. The spirit was so strong and powerful in that conference.  It is so important.  I kind of thought that they were going to introduce ipads to the all of the missions.  But it's just what we needed to hear!

Also today we saw a bus that had caught on fire. It was pretty crazy. It was way burnt and fried.

Well that is all that I can think of.  I also want Trevor to read D&C 45:15. It talks about how we should prepare for our service.  

Thank you so much for everything that you do and are doing. I want to let you all know that I miss you all and love you all very much. I miss being around all of you. I know that this church is true and I am doing the Lords work here in a time  where it is booming with work. Keep everyone active.  Do your part as a member of the church.  Invite. Teach. You will be blessed. I know Jesus is the Savior and he loves us all so much.

Love your son/brother,
Elder Dallin Grotepas

No comments:

Post a Comment