The Waila Boys

The Waila Boys

Clock

Suva

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Area 1, Week 14 - Nasinu, Fiji 6/9/13




Bula vinaka matavuvale,

How are you guys all doing this week? Here in Fiji it is going great. As you all know that I have gotten a new companion this week. His name is Elder Nawaqasema. He is a really cool Elder and I have a good time with him.  We get along very good.  He is from a place called Tamavua.  This is only about a 10 minute car ride from our house. He is teaching me a lot on how to be a good missionary and to work with the members.  He says that the area could always be better and he is helping me improve it.  He extended his mission so he is going to be going home on the 15th of next month.  He is going to be with me till then. I think that I am going to be here in Nasinu for a next 4 months because I think that I am going to be training after he leaves. It is going to be crazy if that does happen because I would be here in Nasinu for 7 months. That is over a whole quarter of my mission here in one area.

Well everything here has gone really good. There is nothing really new from last week. We are still working with our investigators and helping them along. We are planning having a baptism on he 22nd for a girl and then we are still focusing on getting a couple of our investigator to be married. Everything here is going really good. Elder Nawaqasema says that this area is not doing as much as it could. It is a big area so it is a little bit hard to get lots of lessons. It takes an hour and a half to walk from one side to the other side. Also he said that the ward is not doing everything that they are can be doing. 

Well the thing that was really exciting about my week was we got to go on transfers. The district leader, Elder Olsen, came over to our area and went around with me. It was really good and he taught me a lot and how to lead. I now am having to lead the area. I don't really like it because I would prefer to be the follower.  But I know that president did this for a reason so I could get better at my leadership skills and to get more comfortable with it. Now it is not as stressful as the first day. It was really hard the first day because I did not know what to do if we had a fall through, and of course, we did have lots of those. But Heavenly Father helped Elder Nawagasema and I find some less-actives and were able to get some good referrals. I think that I am getting a bit more comfortable with it though.

Also this week, when we went to see one of our recent converts, he told us that he was going to get the Priesthood on Sunday. He really liked the lesson we taught about the priesthood. The only bad thing is he did not turn up on Sunday so he did not get it. I was so excited that he said that he was going to get the priesthood because I knew he making was a good choice.

Another thing is when you guys go up to Temple Square, look for a Sister Tabua (Tambua).  She is Elder Nawaqasema's sister. She is on her mission up at the Visitor’s Center at Temple Square.

Well that is pretty much my week. It is not the same here without Ishibashi. Isa, I miss him a lot.
 
Last 10 minutes with Elder Ishibashi




Dear Dad,

Thank you for the letter this week. It is weird because that thing that you learned in your meeting is the exact same thing that Elder Nawaqasema said was needed in this area. The first thing he asked was how the members were and if we have member-present lessons. Of course I answered him with a “not so good.” Me and Elder Ishibashi tried to get member-presents (a member being present during our lessons) but it was really hard to get them. So we are going to try to get more this week so our investigators have a friend to greet them at church.  Elder Nawaqasema said this is what makes a good area. We are doing our part as missionaries getting the baptisms, but the members are needed to do their part in keeping them in the ward. I now know how important it is to get these. I encourage all of you and also the ward back home to keep everyone active. It is so important that we keep them ALL active. It does not matter what they have done, they can still come to church. It is so important for them to come and not be lost.  Please tell everyone in the ward for me the importance in this!  And of course, all of you also!

Well like in all the other letters, I am doing really good here. It is really cool to hear about what is going on in your lives. Also up at Lava, it sounds like everyone is having a good time.

Next week I will tell you more about our investigators. I am a little bit low on time this week. I want to let you know that I miss you a lot and miss being around you everyday. I love you all very much and miss you all.

Thanks for everything that you have done.

Love,
Elder Grotepas

No comments:

Post a Comment