Bula everyone,
How is it going? It has been going really good here. I got a nick name from one of or teachers. It is Elder Basi (which means bus) because he says that Fijians will not be able to pronouce my name the right way. The language is not stressing me out as much because I can actually start to put sentences together in my head. It takes me a while to do this, but hey I can actually do it. My teachers are really helping me get it. I just have to listen then keep applying the word so I can remember it. They say that Vosavakiviti (Fijian) is not as hard to understand. Spanish is harder than Vosavakaviti.
I want to go to Fiji already! All we do is sit and eat, sit and eat. The only thing that we do physical is gym and we set up chairs for our devotionals on Sunday and Tuesday. The teachers show us pictures of Fiji every once in a while and they are really cool. They say that Fijians are really nice. They will always invite you to eat. In Fijian is is polite to accept and eat as much as you can. If you dont eat it all it is really disrespectful.
Well we got a new distric leader. His name is Elder Owens. The old one was Elder Haretuku. There is not very much new from our district but in our zone a week or so ago, there is a Elder going to Tonga and his mom passed away. He actually stayed here. He has enough courage to stay here and finish the Lords work. Everyone felt really bad for him and now he seams to be doing fine as I can tell.
I hope that everything is going good at home. How the family? How is everyone doing?
I forgot to tell you what my favorite scripture was for my plaque. My favorite scripture is Alma 37:37 which reads:
Well I am almost out of time. Have the kids send me some letters.Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
Love, Elder Grotepas
| Elder Grotepas and Elder Reed |
| Elders in their Sulu's (man skirts) |
| Elders with the Fijian Flag |
No comments:
Post a Comment