The Waila Boys

The Waila Boys

Clock

Suva

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Area 5, Week 12 - Burewai, Fiji 1/11/15 (Final week)

It has been a good two years here in Fiji!  I have experienced many things physically, spiritually, and emotionally during my stay in Fiji. I have come to know that all good things will eventually come to an end and now is that time for this part to end. I have had many bittersweet feelings this past week.  I am glad that I finally get to come home and see my family but I am also sad I'm leaving behind my second family here in Fiji. I know what Brother Cheney felt like the time that he had to leave Fiji. After reading the letter that he sent me, I feel the same way. I cannot believe that this time is already here, I thought that it would never come.
I have learned lots on my mission over the past two years. Along with what I told you last week with how we are never alone, I have also learned many things that will bless me throughout the rest of my life. I have learned a good deal of patience and how to deal with other people, how to plan, obedience, listening skills, social skills, how to be a leader, being humble, counting on the Lord, asking for guidance, doctrines of the chruch, and the list goes on and on. It has really made an impact and I now know why they say "These two years are the best two years in a young mans life and every young man needs them to develop the skills that are needed to learn." I can see why they need them, it is preparing us for the rest of our lives. I give a big thanks for the things that I have learned.
I told you last week that I was going to tell you the biggest thing I have learned on my misson. I think that my number one thing is that the Book of Mormon is a true book. Throughout my mission I found out that the reason why I am really here is becasue of that book and the things that we teach from it is truly the word of God. Like what it says "The Book of Mormon is the Keystone of our religion and without it, our church will crumble." We always tell our investigators that we are not here to teach and convert them. We are only the guides and we have given them the tools that will help them know for themselves. Through the Book of Mormon, they will then come to know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. It is all becasue of this book that we know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is truly the Lord's kingdom here upon this earth.
I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know from the bottom of my heart that it is true. God loves us so much and he wants us to find the right way and help each one of us find the way back to him. I finished reading it for the last time on my mission just 2 days ago and I know it is true. Just from the feeling that I felt while reading it and after reading it was just so powerful. I invite you all to do the same thing if you have not already or even if you have recieved a witness that it is true. I invite you to read it and pray about it with a sincere heart, willing to act on the prompting you recieve and this is the way that you can know of a surety.
I am grateful to be here. I thank my Heavenly Father for this opportunity. I know that now I am going to have to start my second mission. It is going to be a lot scarier than this one but I know Heavenly Father will bless me through it.
I learned two things this week from Elder Johansen (Area Seventy) on Sunday that I felt impressed to share with you. 1) The greatest title God has given to mankind is what?????????????? Father. Being given the chance to be called Father is a privledge and we need to use it to the best of our ability, and 2) "We know when we are following the correct path when we are having hard times in our lives." Satan is working hard on those that are trying to follow Christ. He is going to throw everything he has at you when you follow. So when we are having hard times, we are on usually on the right path and we need to preserver. Just like Joseph Smith when he went to pray, something came over him and made it hard for him to pray. It aplies to our lives as well.
I hope that I will continue to follow and endure the rest on my life. I have learned so much. I am glad tha I am going to be seeing you all here in a few days. I think that that is the reason why I am all nervous here in my seat. I really want to see you all.
This is my last email to you all and I want to tell you that it was really the best two years of my life. I would not change it for the world. I have loved each one of my companions and I thank them so much.
So, I guess we will meet here is a few days. :) Can't wait.
Love your son/brother,
Elder Grotepas


Usia, one of our investigators

Me and Joji from Nasinu. He could'nt beleive how much weight I have lost. It was funny.
 
The great Nausori Zone


Levuka


No comments:

Post a Comment