The Waila Boys

The Waila Boys

Clock

Suva

Monday, August 25, 2014

Area 4, Week 14 - Naduna, Vanua Levu, Fiji - 8/24/14

Ni sa bula vinaka na noqu matavuvale,

How is everyone doing this week? I hope that everyone has had a good week and that everyone is healthy and strong. It has been a really good week for us and we had lots of fun. I do not have to much time to write this letter today. We are running short on time because today we have to go and pick up President Layton from the airport for our Zone Conference tomorrow. But as for the week, we had a really good and rewarding week.

We were able this week to find four new investigators! We had some really powerful lessons with these individuals and we were able to answer a couple of questions that they had. One lesson that we had with one of these individuals went really well. When we sat down, it started out kind of weird. He sat down and just started rolling up his tobacco in a leaf and then smoked it. It was way awkward at first but then once we told him that we were going to start, he put it down and listened to what we had to share. We went on teaching him about prophets and what their purpose is. The lesson went really good and he accepted the fact that God calls our prophets. He believes in the Hinduism faith but he still understood that God really does and should call prophets. Then, he said something that was pretty interesting. He said "When can I meet the prophet?" We told him that it would be hard but it is possible. He said that he cannot know if the church is true unless he meets him. So we told him that the prophet will be talking to us in a couple of months and we can listen to him at our General Conference. This really seemed to interest him. He said that he would listen to know if he is a true prophet. Both me and Elder Walls bore testimony that we have a true prophet today and that he leads and guides us.

This week we also went down to Nakawakawa. It has been about two months that the elders haven't been able to go down there due to their housing situation. But we took a drive down there to see the members and the investigators that are waiting to be baptized. It has to be one of the coolest experiences that I have had on my mission. The first thing that happened to us when we got there was we got the warmest welcome back. All the people inside of the village came up to us and welcomed us back. Elder Johnson was with us and everyone was saying that they have missed the Elders and they want them back. Elder Johnson served there previous to them leaving the area. But it was the coolest experience. It was also sad because the people that are waiting to be baptized got their hopes up that the Elders were back and that they were going to get baptized soon. But they still have to wait a bit longer. That was the only sad thing about the trip.

But everything is going good with me and my companion. We are getting along and we are really focusing on finding more investigators to teach. We have contacted quite a few houses and we are finding rewards for our efforts.

I am sorry that this letter was not the longest or the most interesting letter ever, but I don't have to much time. I have learned a lot of things this week and I hope that it will continue the rest of the next week.

I want to share with you all that I love you all very much and that I miss you all too. This is that true church of Jesus Christ and we are part of it!


Thank you so much for everything and I wish you all a good week.
Love, 
Elder Grotepas

No comments:

Post a Comment