Ni sa bula re na noqu matavuvale,
How art thou? How is everyone doing? I am so glad to see that you all are reading the Book of Mormon so much that now you all are talking like it (to shake things up a bit, we wrote his letter in verse). How wonderful that is to these ears of mine! Well, I am glad to hear that all of you had a good week and you did have many different adventures. I am glad to hear that Webb and his new wife had a good time and that everything is good with them. I am so glad to hear that he finally got hitched. :) Do you have a picture of him and his wife?
I wish that I was there to go up to Lava with you all. It sounds like you all are having a good time up there and it is still the same, a problem each time you go up there! I dont know if we ever lost the keys to the fourwheeler or not but we did have many different problems. Oh yeah, by the way, how is that new truck? I know that I asked you a few weeks ago but now after dad has tried it out a bit, how is it?
I think that this week on my mission has got to be one of the fastest weeks on the mission. It really is true that as you get older into your mission, it just flies by. I really cannot remember what really went on this week. We were able to have 15 lessons this week to investigators and less actives. It was a really rewarding week.
We did have a little bit of a struggle this week also. During this time of the year here in Fiji, they call in musu dovu. This means cane cutting. For the next month or so, pretty much everyone cuts cane. This is one of the biggest crops that they have here in Fiji, sugarcane. So when we go over to an investigators house, they are out cutting cane and cannot come in and see us. The only time that we are able to see them is in the nighttime. We do not have enough time in the evenings to see everyone. So it is a little bit tough for us. But I know that if we still keep trusting in the Lord to show us where we need to go and do effective planning, we will never have any down time here. We will be staying busy with the Lords work.
We did have two of our investigators come to church this week. It was really cool because one of the investigators that came has been taking the lessons since last year. We had to drop him for a while but I know that now he is ready. He was having a hard time for the first couple of weeks but now he sees the importance of it. It was really cool, he told us that right before he was coming to church, he prayed that he would know that this is the right thing for him to do. He said that he had a good feeling about coming. When he arrived at the church and saw one of the District Leaders, his eyes opened and was so glad to see a leader from the island of Vanua Levu. It was a blessing to see him come and to see the church of Jesus Christ. We have a date set for him and he is going to be baptized within the next two weeks. It is so cool to see these people change. This is what the mission is all about, helping people and seeing them change their lives for the better.
I want to share with you a funny story that happened to us this week. One night this week, all of our appointments had fallen trough. We had nothing to do. So we said a prayer to help show us where we needed to go. After a minute or so we discussed and decided that we just need to go walking and find a miracle. So about three minutes into our walking, we saw this man in the distance. He was really tall and had a really long beard. As we walked up to him, we were friendly and said hello. He was just standing there so I asked him if he was looking for anyone. The funny thing that happened is what he said after I said that. He said "No.......... I am just watching this guy coughing." He was just standing there in the dark watching this man coughing. When he said this we both chuckled and started smiling. Then a car drove by with lights and we saw then saw his face. One of his eyes was looking to the left and one of them was looking right. When this happened, we both started to laugh and he did also. LOL. But later on, he told us that his name was Chardinkra and that he was a Hindu priest.We asked him if we could come by one day and share a message with him. He accepted and told us that he lives inside of the Hindu temple and that we can come in to see him. It is going to be a cool experience. I think that this was just so funny because he was just standing on the road staring at a random person coughing.
Both me and my companion are doing really great. We are getting along good and I am loving it here in Naduna. The Branch is really great and really friendly. Being a District Leader is a little bit stressing at times because I have so much to do, but I am getting used to it and liking it. It's stressful knowing everyone now is looking up to me for the answers. Some of them I do not know, but I am the leader here. But it is all good and I am really liking it.
I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and that he is the head of it. I know that Heavenly Father and his son lives. I love you all very much and you all are always in my prayers.
Thank you for everything and I wish you all a good week this week.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment