How is everything going with all of you guys? For me, this week was great and it went by really fast. It feels like the other day that I was writing the Family Letter to you all last week. I cannot believe how fast time goes by!
Well this week we had a really good week. To start it all out, on Tuesday morning, before District Meeting, Elder Banks got his drivers licence. He was able to get it so early. I guess that the LTA is not as strict here in Nausori as it was back in Nasinu. It was really funny when we were practice driving with him. I know that when we are back in the States it is nothing to drive. I bet that Elder Banks was a great driver. But it was really funny, when he got in the car, it seemed like he totally forgot how to drive a car. It shows how long we are away from things we totally forget how to use them. Well another really hard thing was that it was manual transmission and he said that he never had driven one before he got here to Fiji. But he did great and he passed his test. It is a ton different driving on the other side of the road and that throws everyone off the first time driving.
Then on Wednesday, we had the Elders from Tuvalu come and stay with us. Elder Cashen and Elder Leiatua stayed with us for the whole week because they came down for Zone Conference and for transfers. Elder Leiatua was ready to be transferred so they came in. They are more than likely going to be staying with us for the next month or so because they are going to be in Fiji until the 12th of December. We are having some Christmas parties and we are having Mission Tour. Elder Pearson from the Area Presidency is going to be coming and touring the Fiji Suva Mission.
This week was great because we had three investigators come to church and we have about eight progressing investigators. We have really been doing really good and we have made some really high goals for next week. So we are going to try really hard this week. All of this week we were on splits with the other Elders, so me and Elder Cashen went to see one of the families that we are currently teaching. It is Tomasi's family and they are doing great. We have taught the whole first lesson to the whole family except for one boy that is never there when we go over. We have invited them to come to church and 2 out of the 4 came. The other 2 said that they were busy and that they had to teach a lessons in their church. So we committed them to come next week and they said they would. But the lesson that we really had was really good and they said that they already know that the church is true. So this week we are really going to focus on getting them a baptismal date and teaching them about baptism and confirmation.
The other family that we are teaching is doing great also. We had a really good lesson with them and we had a member come with us and he really helped out a lot. The family knows him and already has a relationship with them. They are in the same boat as Tomasi's family. They were really busy and were not able to attend church this week. But they have said that they are going to try next week to come. Our lesson before, we asked them to read Moroni 10 and to pray about it. When we asked them if they did, they did it and prayed about it. We then asked them what their thoughts were about whether it is a true book or not, they told us yes, it is a true book! That really touched our hearts to know that Heavenly Father is really working with them. Then during that lesson, we could really feel the spirit working as we talked about faith and repentance. I know that they are going to change because the Holy Ghost is helping them receive their answers and is working with them.
Other than those 2 families, it is really hard to find other people to teach. It seems like here in Waila, no one wants to hear about the gospel. It is really hard to find people that are willing to listen and want to. In our Zone Conference, they really put an emphasis on what we need to do to find those investigators, be patient and trust in the Lord. Ever sense you have reminded me of that story about the crawdads, I cannot help but to stop and think about it every time I hear the word "patient." I know that that is one of the best Christ-like attributes that we can obtain on our mission and through out our lives.
I want to let you all know that I know that the church is true and that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing at this point in my life. I cannot wait until my brothers are going to follow the same path and serve also. I cannot believe that Trevor can be turning his papers in here in 2 or 3 months. I know that missions are called of God and we are to do them.
I love you all very much and miss you all very much. I am looking forward to next week and wish you all a good week this week and may God be with you all.
Love,
Elder Grotepas
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
| Suva, Fiji temple at night |
![]() |
![]() |
| Me and Elder Tukia |
![]() |






No comments:
Post a Comment