The Waila Boys

The Waila Boys

Clock

Suva

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Area 1, Week 25 - Nasinu, Fiji 8/25/13

Dear Family,

How is everything up there in Utah? I hope that everything is going great. As for me down here in Fiji, it is going great. This week has just flown by. I cannot believe that it is already Monday again. I think that these weeks are getting shorter and shorter now. I am now 7 months old in the mission and it feels like only a month or two. I guess that when you are having fun, time flies. 

This has been a really good week. Sorry if this letter is not too long because the internet connection here is not that good. This week, we were able to see a couple of our investigators that we hadn't seen for a while. I think last week I talked about them. This week, they got back together and they shorted out there problems. Or I hope that they did. But they are doing great. As we were visiting them, there seemed to be a change and their countenances have changed. The first time we went to see them, he was high and maybe drunk. It seems like now that he has cleared this up he is doing good. He looks a hundred times happier than what he was. He also has not had a job for a while because he lost his taxi because of something small. So he was out of work for three weeks or so. But something good happened to him. Yesterday, his boss called and said that he had a taxi for him. So he went up there and got the taxi. Immediately after he called us and told us what had happened. He told us he was going to come and pick us up and take us to our destination. That was the first thing he did after he got it. He thanked us and told us that it was because of us, by bringing the spirit back, that this happened to him. He is very happy and I hope that they will broth stay strong and get married.

Well another thing that was not that good this week is that we lost one of our baptismal dates. We went to visit her this week and she told us that she had moved. She said that we were lucky to meet her at the house because she just came up for the day. But we had to give our baptismal date to a different set of elders for them to reap the rewards. But it is all good. It should not matter on who preforms the baptism, it all matters is that we helped them to receive the gospel. She is now going to be baptized in two weeks.  

Kamineili and Samu
We also got to take two of our most favorite people in Fiji to lunch. We took Kamineili and Samu to lunch at a place called Pizza King. We got a king size butter chicken pizza. It was the best pizza that I have had in the past 7 months. I reminds me of home and how much I miss it back there. But it was good and we had a good time. Samu is going to be leaving for another island for three months so we are not going to be able to see him for a while. I will more than likely be gone before he gets back. 

Everything has been good this week.   I love you all very much and miss you all. Send my love to the whole family. 

Thanks for everything.

Love, 
Elder Grotepas

No comments:

Post a Comment