Ni sa bula vinaka na nogu matavuvale,
How is everything going with everyone? I bet you are all having a blast in Nauvoo. It is so cool to say that most of the family will be set apart as a missionary all at the same time. I hope that you are all having a good time there and enjoying yourselves. I remember when I was back home, probably about a year ago, when you made the decision to be part of the pageant. It seems just like a little bit ago, when I was at home, that it seemed so far away. Man, how does time fly. Like I said last week, I am already a whole quarter the way through my mission. It is going by so fast. And the funny thing is is that I am still in my first area. Maybe I might spend my whole mission here. HAHA.
But everything here is going really good. For the first part of the week, we were stuck at home because my companion was sick with the flu. So the first part of our week was a bit slow. But I got to spend a lot of time reading about the Fijian language. Man, it is so hard. It seems so easy when you read it but then when it comes to speaking the language, it is way hard. I don't know if I have told you this story yet, but we were teaching a lady that we had house contacted. She said that we could come in and share a message with her. It was me and Elder Nawaqasema that had done this. Then when Elder Moulton came here, we all three went to see her. We told her that Elder Nawaqasema was leaving and that it would just be us two coming back. She told us that she was fine with us coming if we had a Fijian with us. When we told her of Elder Nawaqasema leaving, she told us if we come back we should speak to her in Fijian because we made no sense. But the thing is that all of our other investigators are understanding us well. We are speaking the same Fijian to her as we do with all the other investigators. Well it comes to show that the people that are willing to hear will be taught by the spirit not us. I know that my Fijian isn't great and it might not make sense, but the people that God has prepared are willing to take the time and listen.
Once my companion was feeling good enough to go out, we were still taking it easy because he still did not feel the best. But a really cool thing that has happened to us this week is we picked up a new investigator. On Tuesday, we went over to Kamineili's house for a baptismal interview. When we got there, both him and his best friend were there. When Kamineili went into the interview, his friend told us that he wanted to take the lessons as well. He told us that he smoked and drinks. But we told him it was alright. So we taught him a little bit of the first lesson. We scheduled another day to come back and teach him. After we taught him the second time, we asked him if he wanted to be baptized and he said "yes." So we set up a date for him to be baptized in about a month. A couple days later, he came to church. He got to witness Kamineli's confirmation. Then right after sacrement meeting, he came up to us and told us that he wanted to move his date up. So now we have his baptismal date scheduled for the 11th of August. He is willing to change and I hope that he will be able to give up these addictions that he has. I can see it in him that he is ready for a change. Maybe with Kamineili being his best friend, he will have a big influence on him and his life. Maybe even a mission for him also.
 |
Our baptism on Saturday with Kaminieli
|
Well as I think that you all know, we had a baptism on Saturday for Kamineili. It went really good. I had the chance of baptizing him. It was a good experience for me. I've got to admit, I am changed after this baptism. I remember my first baptism and I was so nervous. This one, I was not as nervous. The coolest thing happened to me after I lifted him out of the water. I looked at his face and I could tell that something had changed with him. I could tell that he was a new person. He was so happy. After we were done changing, he told me that he was really happy and he cannot wait until his year mark when he can serve his mission. This experience was a big eye opener for me. It comes to show she these ordinances we are doing has an affect in others lives and how it can help them.
This week also, we had a ward party. Man it was so much fun. I have to admit, I think that I like the ward parties better here than the ones that are back home. Everyone in the ward participated in the party. Every auxillary did something; young men, young women, elders, high priests, relief society, YSA, and even the primary. Every single member got out of their seats and started dancing. Even all the old maramas (old lady's). It was a blast. We did not get to stay the whole time because we had to be in the flat at 9 pm and the party ended at 11 pm. That was a big bumber for us. But I will send you a couple of photos from the party.
We are having a good time here in Nasinu and everything is going fine with me. I know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and that every young man should do this as well. I KILA NI DINA NA LOTU OGO.
Au lomani kemudou vakalevu. Send my love to the whole family and tell them I miss them all very much!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment