The Waila Boys

The Waila Boys

Clock

Suva

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Area 1, Week 9 - Nasinu, Fiji 5/5/13


Centipede in our flat


Dear family,

Work here in Fiji is great! This week has gone by fast. It feels like just yesterday I was talking to you. I am going to write this to all of you because I dont have a lot of time left to write each of you individually. 

The cool thing about this week is I got to drive. It is alot different here to drive because you drive on the opposite side of the road and the steering wheel is on the other side also. It is really hard to change your usual thought of driving on the left not the right. After we went driving, the ZL asked me if i think that I am ready to take the test already. I am more in likely going to take my test within the next couple of weeks. It is going to be really cool. I thought that I was going to move this transfer because the ZLs wanted me to get my license so fast, but we are not moving this transfer. One of us will most likely be leaving next transfer, in a month or so.

This week we met with a lady named Violet.  She is the one who is very interested in doing her Fijian geneology. She wants to join the church.  She is planning on getting married in October.  By then both me and Elder Ishibashi will more in likely be gone. But she has a lot of stories to tell us. She thinks that all Americans have microchips in there hands!  She said that we as missionaries need ours, so we need to get to the doctor!  The news here said that it is a new thing now in America. So, I want to ask you if you have gotten the chips implanted into your hands yet or no? HAHA. Other than that she tells us a lot of crazy stories about her life. She is really a good investigator and she really wants to join the church. She is really into the family history work and visits the family history center every week. She really likes that about the church.

Inosi, Ishibashi, myself, Sister Sulu and her daughters
This is a photo taken at Sister Sulu's home.  She was baptized about one month before I arrived here in Fiji.  Inosi is a 17 year old local young man who is planning on submitting his mission papers in October.  He goes on splits with us every Saturday.  He is helpful to us and he is also learning from us. He is always writing things down during the lessons on what we share and scriptural passages.  He will be an awesome missionary.  What is Trevor doing to prepare for his mission?  





Elder Alma Tikoenaivalu, leaving for his mission to Washington

Yesterday, we went to Elder Alma Tikoenaivalu's farewell party at his home. He is going to Washington state. They had a lot of food there. We got done with church at one, he got set apart as an Elder at 2 and his flight left from the airport at 4 o'clock yesterday. It went by so fast. We stayed at their house and ate while he went to be set apart. When they got back, holy crap they went crazy on the food. After they had a final devotional for Alma. Man I felt out of place because everyone was crying, and we were not part of their family.  It was good though, it reminded me of when I left and how mom acted. Just like Mom, his mom had to do the final inspection to make sure he packed everything. It was way funny to see that.  Also, it made me think of the last time that I left the house knowing it would be the last time I would see it in 2 years.

It was a pretty usual week. The weeks go by so fast. The mission is going to go by so fast, so I am going to have to take everything out of it that I can!

Thanks for everything that you have done for me. I did not get the chance to send the package this week, I will for sure this week.

Love, 
Elder Grotepas





Me, (Elder) Alma Tikoenaivalu, Elder Ishibashi
Inosi Kinikini, Elder Ishibashi and myself.
Chubbiest puppy I have ever seen.  Sad because he had bugs all over him.
After taking this photo, he woke up and started following us and crying.

Us and Suzy

Inosi Kinikini, Elder Ishibashi, me

Our zone



No comments:

Post a Comment